Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Featured Designer- Karen Weingartner

I have loved playing with paper since I was a little girl. In fact, I used to spend my allowance on construction paper, glitter glue, and anything made by Crayola. I started scrapbooking in late 2007 with the intent to scrapbook my wedding. At the time, we lived RIGHT next door to a Ben Franklin (which I walked to at least once a week!) in 700 square foot townhouse. Frustrated by a lack of storage, inspiration, and workspace, I gave up after completing 4 pages that I hated.


Shortly after buying our first home and finally having my own space to create, my husband stumbled across Scrapbook Steals and I have been hooked ever since. Not only do they sell deeply discounted, high-quality scrapbook supplies, they also have a fantastic online community of paper-crafters.

In May, I had the chance to meet a few ladies who are part of the lovely community SS has created. Heather encouraged me to get back into scrapping in June and I have more than a dozen layouts since!

Thank you, Heather for encouraging me to scrap again!

I am going to leave you with my favorite layout! It is inspired by the lovely Kristy Lee and her Topaz #4 sketch!


I used Echo Park: Little Girl, Doodlebug buttons, and American Crafts cardstock to create this layout about being an aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment