Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Featured Designer - Van Nguyen

I'm so excited to be this week's featured designer!  I'm hoping that Woodgrain Mustache becomes your go-to place for crafty inspiration.  I know that all the designers contributing to this blog have inspired me with their amazing creations and talents. 

I started scrapbooking about a year ago while still on maternity leave with my one and only baby girl - Charlotte.  As I like to tell my friends, I fell hard and fast for this hobby.  It is a way for me to preserve amazing memories while playing with pretty paper and embellishments.  Call it grown up craft hour.  As a student of history, I also love that I am somehow chronicling our family's stories.  When I finally finished Charlotte's first year album a few weeks ago, I felt as proud as when I completed my college senior thesis. 

Here are two of my all-time favorite layouts:

First Easter.  The inspiration for this layout was the Mid Week Mojo sketch #46 by Kristy Lee (over at scrapbooksteals.com).  Most of the paper is from We Are Memory Keepers Hippity Hoppity.  I think my favorite element in this layout is the banner along the middle.  And it was the perfect excuse to use up some brads I got from the Target $1 bins years ago. 


Our Family Portrait.  This layout was recently featured on my guest design post for scrapbooksteals.com (which can be found here).  I got to play with the Hello Sunshine collection by American Crafts.  I think that Hello Sunshine may be my all time favorite collection.  So stunning and the style is distinctively me.  And I must be a sucker for banners because my favorite element on this page is the string of lanterns along the top.  I fussy cut the lanterns from printed kraft paper.  To create the sense of twinkling lights, I swirled some white paint (using a paint dauber) behind each lantern and then sprayed the white swirls with glimmer mist.


If you're so inclined, you can visit me on my blog, Like the Car where I ramble on about Charlotte, crafts, cooking and whatever else is on my mind.

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you visit again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment