Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Journal Prompt Sunday--- Love Story

Welcome to the first ever challenge here on Woodgrain Mustache. I am so excited about this little foray of ours, and it is my hope that you all will be inspired to participate. The key is that this is supposed to be fun. This challenge blog is designed to get us all excited about creating, while breathing new life into our work.

Today, I've come up with a journal prompt for you to interpret in any way you desire. You can make a layout or mini album, or even a card or altered item (although with a journaling prompt, that might be a tad more difficult ;) ). Your assignment is to tell a love story. You can tell the story of how you and your significant other met, or go back in time and tell the story of your parents or grandparents. You could even go in a completely different direction and journal about your love affair with Starbucks (oh wait, that would be me).

My plan is to make a layout about my daughter's recent obsession with her stuffed animal, Scout. Harper is nearly 18 months old and has never really had any security items, as hard as I've tried. I have given her stuffed animals, blankets, pacifiers and everything has failed to stick until now. Scout is not just any stuffed animal. He is a personalized dog from Leap Frog that sings songs with her name and her favorite color and favorite food. Harper will ask to take him along when we go in the car and she will tote him into stores. It's just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

I will work on my layout today and post it here as soon as I am finished. I hope you all will consider this prompt when you sit down to scrapbook next. If you do make a layout using this journal prompt, please link it up using the inlinkz below. We would all love to see what you make.



No comments:

Post a Comment